Launching a site on Isomer is fairly straightforward. Here’s a high level view of the steps from site set up to site launch.
This entire process could take from 36 hours to 6 months, depending on the size of your site and your own internal process.
Setting up your site
When you’re ready to get onboard:
- Prepare a sitemap. You can take a look at a sample sitemap here
- Create an account on Github. You can refer to the steps outlined on our guide here
- Send us request through this contact form.
- We’ll create an empty template for you and grant you access to start editing
Editing your site
Once you’ve gotten access to your site on Isomer, you can start referring to the tutorial for isomer v2 and start making your first edit.
All isomer sites onboarded from mid 2019 onwards are on Isomer v2. If you’re on v1 of isomer, you can refer to this guide. We’re in the midst of upgrading all sites from v1 to v2.
If you’re not sure which version you’re on, v1 users edit your homepage on homepage.yml file whereas v2 users edit your homepage on index.md. file. If you’re still unsure, you can reach out to us to confirm.
Subjected to availability of the Isomer team, we will conduct individual or combined trainings with multiple agencies.
Once you’ve gotten a hang of how to publish your content on Isomer, you’ll start populating your content or migrating your content from your old site to Isomer.
Let us know in advance (ideally 2 weeks) prior to when you’d like to launch the site. If you need the site to be up urgently, let us know when we’re onboarding you onto isomer.
- We’ll generate a CSR for your to purchase your own SSL cert and provide your CNAME and A-record for you to update your DNS records on the domain you’ve purchased. Update: we’ve recently launched our free SSL cert provisioning/renewal service, if you’d like to explore that option, let us know!
- Send Isomer your SSL cert and we’ll install in on our CDN (this step still be skipped if you’re using our free SSL cert)
- Make the necessary updates on your DNS records
- Isomer team will update our CDN and in 10-15 mins, your site will be live!
You can also refer to our FAQ if you have more questions.